Bed & Breakfast in Shaftesbury – Old Glyn Arms
Situated in stunning Dorset countryside, Old Glyn Arms is a family-run Bed & Breakfast less than four miles from the Saxon market town of Shaftesbury. With some parts dating from the 17th century, the house is full of character and, as the name suggests, was formerly the village pub.
In an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, popular with walkers, cyclists and horse riders, Old Glyn Arms is the perfect Bed & Breakfast from which to explore Dorset and the South West.
The first floor double bedroom is charmingly furnished with super king size bed and private ensuite shower room. Comfortable chairs encourage guests to relax and admire the dramatic skyline of Spreadeagle Hill and Melbury Down. Tea and coffee making facilities are available in your room with homemade flapjack on arrival. A delicious home cooked breakfast is served in the beamed dining/sitting room using locally sourced produce where possible.
Old Glyn Arms is easily accessible to Shaftesbury and all major routes by car. The mainline station at Gillingham, with services to London Waterloo (approx. 2 hours) and Exeter is 15 minutes by car/taxi. There are many good pubs in the surrounding area, perfect for long lunches and cosy suppers.
Further self-contained accommodation in The Studio (sleeps 2/3) will be available FROM SPRING 2019 for long weekends and weekly lets. Please ask for further details.
The accommodation includes:
- Large comfortable double bedroom with super king bed.
- Ensuite shower with WC and basin.
- Stunning views to Spreadeagle Hill and Melbury Beacon.
- An idyllic rural location
- Home cooked breakfast using locally sourced produce (where possible).
- TV and Wifi.
- Private off road parking.
- Tea and coffee making facilities in your room.
Places of interest
- Shaftesbury – with its weekly market, many shops and cafes. Famous for Gold Hill and Shaftesbury Abbey.
- Sherborne – market town with historic Abbey.
- Salisbury – excellent shopping and Cathedral.
- Stourhead – House and Garden (National Trust).
- Stonehenge – (50 mins drive).
- Wilton House – House and Garden.
- Kingston Lacey – House and Garden (National Trust).
- Bath – Famous for Roman Baths, Royal Crescent and The Jane Austen Centre.
- Longleat – House and Safari Park (30 mins drive).
- The New Forest (50 mins drive).
- Lulworth Cove, Durdle Door and The Jurassic Coast